How Preschool Facilitates Online Learning for Kids during Pandemic?
With usual activities coming to a grinding halt with the advent of the Covid-19 pandemic, people across the world seem to be working from home.
An essential part of conducting affairs from home is online learning for kids. Just like office work, learning too must not stop, whether or not schools are open.
With most parents wary of sending their kids to school, online learning is the need of the hour. A child can learn from the safe confines of the home.
Online learning not only protects kids from the pandemic but also familiarizes them with technology, which is crucial in today’s day and age.
Furthermore, unlike physical classes, the commuting time, distance, energy, and money are restricted in an online school.
Preschools today can particularly help in online learning as they provide kids with attractive and fun courses, multilingual batches, and flexibility in timings.
Mentioned are steps taken at a preschool to facilitate learning.
Online preschool is the new accepted normal.
Here are the few steps taken by preschools to encourage online learning:
- Some online preschools like OurPlayschool.comhave introduced flexible timings for working parents. Since both parents are now working from home, it is best to have flexible timings for parental involvement in their children’s education.
- Providing the option of multiple languages at the preschool level is mandatory for online learning. It helps parents and children from different regions to choose their language for subjects and medium of instruction.
- Schools that provide online lessons should ideally provide short duration, thereby reducing the screen time.
How Do You Make Online School Fun for Kids?
There are many ways parents can make online school fun for kids:
- Give them constant breaks so that online class is not tedious. It will help your kids to concentrate better when they attend the classes. It will also help them to finish tasks without getting tired.
- Engagement with kids is crucial. Teachers cannot teach everything. Therefore, parents need to take charge of online studies. Extended learning after the online class
- Online learning should involve plenty of DIYs, quizzes, puzzles, and games that contain entertaining and educative values.
How Can I Make My Online School Better?
If you are planning to give your child online education, then there are a couple of pointers you should take into account:
- Be careful about the timings for online preschool. Timings should be such that they do not hamper your office work.
- Create a study space for your child at home. It will give your child a sense of discipline and a school-like feeling.
- Keep your kids motivated by offering rewards and prizes for good behavior.
- Not every child learns the same way. You should figure out the best way your child can learn.
- Try to eliminate distractions while your child is undertaking an online class. It means that there should not be loud music, TV, or talking over the phone.
- Try to take a keen interest in your child’s daily progress. Ask them what they have learned.
- Treat online classroom sessions as actual sessions, not as substitutes for the same.
What Time Do Most Preschools Start?
Most preschools start at 8 a.m. on weekdays. Online classroom schedule typically depends on the recommended screen time for the students.
Further, many schools incorporate separate sessions for classwork and group activities. Physical preschools usually start in the morning and end before lunch.
The pandemic forced educators to think differently. It has changed the approach for both the students and teachers. Traditional classrooms are now our virtual classrooms. Online preschool, just like any other type of school, has become popular among parents.
However, the benefit of online education during the pandemic is that it keeps the kids safe. OurPlayschool.com is a leading provider of quality education in the form of digital classrooms.
We have come up with several interesting online courses with total flexibility in timings and options for teaching in several Indian languages.
Our specially crafted and well-taught online classroom sessions stimulate children contributing to their overall development and growth.